Michael J. Alboucrek, MD
Michael J. Alboucrek, MD
North Broward Radiologists, PA
- Joined 1982
- Vice-Chief Interventional Radiology
- Co-Chairman Medical Education Committee
- Member-Credentials/Qualifications Committee
- Radiation Safety Officer
- Chief Breast Imaging
- Senior Active Staff Broward Health
- Imaging Director Breast Cancer Care Multidisciplinary Conference
- State University of NY at Binghamton – B.A. Biology, 1970-1974
- University of South Florida College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, 1974–1977
Residency and Internship Training
- Internship: University of Southern California Medical Center, 1977-1978, Rotating Radiology
- Residency: University of Southern California Medical Center, 1978–1981, Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine, Interventional Radiology, University of Southern California Medical Center, 1981–1982
- Clinical Instructor Radiology – University of Southern California Medical Center – 1981-1982
American Board of Radiology Certification:
- American Board of Radiology
- American Board of Nuclear Medicine, 1983
Honors / Awards:
- White Westinghouse Math Scholar
- NY State Regents Scholarship
- Graduation Honors – Superior Academic Achievement – State University of New York, Binghamton
- University of South Florida Medical Scholarship
- Phi-Kappa-Phi National Honor Society
- Most Valuable Physician – Broward Health Medical Center
- Consumer Research Council of America
- “America’s Top Radiologists”
- International Association of Radiologists
- “Leading Physicians of the World”
Dr. Alboucrek’s Bio:
Dr Alboucrek has been with Broward Health at Broward General Medical Center since 1982 as a member of North Broward Radiologists. He is currently Director of Breast Imaging and Intervention at Lillian S. Wells Women’s Health Center.
Over his long career with Broward Health, initially as an interventional radiologist, his interest and involvement in Breast Imaging increased dramatically as new technologies for breast imaging and nonsurgical biopsies catapulted the specialty from its infancy to the technologically complex and invaluable role the Breast Imager now has in Women’s Healthcare.
Dr. Alboucrek established the first comprehensive breast MRI imaging and breast MRI biopsy program in northern Broward County and continues to oversee the program throughout Broward Health. Lillian S. Wells Women’s Health Center remains one of a limited number of centers currently able to perform MRI biopsies of suspected breast abnormalities.
Dr. Alboucrek recognized the merits of contrast mammography and became one of the first adopters of this technology in the U.S since its introduction in 2001. This technology increases the sensitivity and specific of finding breast cancer (similar to MRI)
Additionally utilizing Dr Alboucrek’s simultaneous mammogram and ultrasound technique there has been considerable improvement in identifying underlying breast cancers and importantly avoiding unnecessary breast biopsies and breast surgeries with dramatic improvement in patient management and ultimately patient care.
Dr. Alboucrek continues to evaluate scientific research and new technologies to assure that breast imaging at the Lillian S. Wells Women’s Health Center and throughout Broward Health remains at the forefront in the fight against breast cancer.